Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Look!!! Quick Release Passenger Seat

BeforeAfterFender with plugs
Modified seat

I decided to take off the rear seat and make it a quick release. This was a very simple mod. I removed the hardware and got suction cups for the bottom of the pillion pad. after cleaning the fender i then placed the seat back on to test it. It holds pretty firm, in fact it took a little effort to get off.
I think it makes the Raider look more custom and Chopper like. I got some Bumper Push Fasteners to fill in the holes in the fender. I painted those a gloss black and then placed them in to give it a more finished look. they are a gloss black but the flash made them look like a flat black.

1 comment:

rsharpe said...

Awesome seat mod. Exactly what I'm looking to do. If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your suction cups and the bumper push fasteners?